Mark Malveaux is the managing partner of the firm and based in the firm’s Dallas office. Mark’s practice includes work as bond counsel, underwriters’ counsel and disclosure counsel. Mark has served as bond counsel to large transportation issuers such as Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). He has also served as bond counsel on pollution control, P3, affordable housing and senior living transactions. Mark joined the firm in 1993 and was elected managing partner in 2022.
Highlights & Notable Transactions
- Representative clients have included: Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, DART, Brazos River Authority, Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, various school districts and investment banks.
- Served as bond counsel on the then largest ever single-day bond sale in U.S. airport—$1.37 billion DFW Airport Joint Revenue Bonds, Series 2003A.
- Served as bond counsel on $70 million Grand Hyatt Hotel transaction and its 2012 refunding.
- Served as bond counsel for DFW Airport’s $2.5 billion capital development program.
- Served as bond counsel on DFW Airport’s $4 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program.
- Created legal structure to convert stand-alone rental car facility bonds to airport joint revenue bonds.
- Served as counsel to the underwriter on billion dollar competitively bid Build America Bonds.
- Served as bond counsel for over $500 million of pollution control bonds for the benefit of Energy Future Holdings (formerly TXU Electric).
- Served as bond counsel for Austin Housing Finance Corporation to finance private developer-driven affordable housing, including its $25 million Multifamily Housing Revenue Bonds (Colorado Creek Apartments) Series 2016.
- Served as disclosure counsel to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs in its issuance of pass-through single family mortgage revenue bonds.
- Served as counsel to the underwriter on numerous charter school transactions.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Member, State Bar of Texas
Member, Dallas Bar Association
Fellow of the American College of Bond Counsel
Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
Articles & Speeches
Panelist at National Association of Securities Professionals
Moderator on Airport Financing panel at 2016 Bond Buyer’s Transportation Finance/P3 Conference
The University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1992 (Recipient, Bracewell & Patterson Oral Advocacy Award; Quarterfinalist, School of Law’s Minor-Lile Moot Court competition)
Southern University, B.S., 1989 (magna cum laude; Harry S. Truman Scholar, 1987)
Sloan Fellow, Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, 1987
RECOGNITIONS & AWARDS
Bond Counsel on Bond Buyer’s Southwest Deal of Year Award for 2003 and 2013
Fellow, American College of Bond Counsel